My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wednesday

For once I was right. No trick or treaters came to my door last night
so I did not have to suffer the humiliation of not having any candy on
hand. Now there is no left over candy to rot my teeth and make me fat.

Now I am waiting for Meagan and the fireplace installer to show up to
make repairs. I hope the problem is something obvious and does not
take long to repair. It is cooler this morning, and I am ready to use
the fireplace.

Daylight savings time pulled another gotcha on me this morning. The
lawn sprinklers ran at 7:30 AM instead of 8:30. That made me guilty of
illegal watering. There is supposed to be no watering between 5 AM and
8 AM. When I looked out, I saw the people across the street also
forgot to change the time on their sprinkler controller. Yesterday I
finally changed my watch and the clock in the car. I was thinking that
my VCR's automatically adjust for daylight savings time. I bet they
will be all fouled up next year when the daylight savings time period
is lengthened. I still have not connected a VCR to a television or
even decided if I am going to keep them.

I unpacked one more box of china and crystal this morning and washed
and dried everything without incident. All of the china is put away.
The Waterford hocks came out of this box. I think they are the most
expensive stems in my collection. It was a relief to get them put
away. I have three boxes with more Waterford crystal. I decided it is
best to unpack and wash the contents of only one box a day. If I
get rushed, tired or distracted that is when accidents happen.

I finally got a phone book from AT&T yesterday. It is the white pages.
I see that was published June, 2006. That must be when the Dallas
phone books are sent out. If I had not raised a fuss, I probably would
not have got a book until next summer. I asked for both the while and
yellow pages. I really need the yellow pages. I just cannot seem to
find the information I need at yellowpages.com like I can from a paper
book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.