My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fireplace & Shoes

I am plodding a long. A technician from Williams Insulation came to
check out the fireplace today. He took one look at the fireplace and
said the wrong logs were in it. He said he wished he had a picture to
show his bosses. I got out my camera and took a picture and printed it
for him. He then cleaned the glass inside and out. He thought it was
really bad the way the fireplace had been left. Then he found the
control panel is bent and so is the cover panel. He said he would get new ones for me. He said the limit switched probably tripped because it was new. He showed me where the limit switch was and how to reset it. He left the fireplace turned on. About a minute after he went out the door the flames went out.

I ran outside, and he was still there. He came back in. He called his office. They told him to change the limit switch. He did that. Then the flames died out a couple of times while he watched. The next theory is that the vent to the roof is blocked. This man said someone else would have to check out the vent. He left. I called Meagan and told her what happened, She assured me that they would get it fixed.

Last Thursday I sent the shoes I had bought online from Shoebuy.com back to them. I have been watching the UPS tracking information. The
package was delivered to them yesterday. Yesterday afternoon I was surprised to get an email from Shoebuy.com acknowledging that they had received the returned shoes, and they had already processed a refund to my credit card. I thought that was amazing that they acted so quickly. I think that is the fastest service I have ever had on a return. To top that, two hours later I go an email from them that said they were processing the order for the half-size smaller shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.