My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Developing Bad Habits

I am having a problem. Back in Beaumont I had my recliner chair in the
room I called the library. I would sit in my recliner when I was
reading and was very comfortable. I did not have a television in that
room. Things are different in the new house. I put the recliner in the
study and also have a television right in front of the recliner. I
cannot sit in that chair with the TV on for more than twenty minutes
without falling asleep. I find myself going through the programs on
the DVR and trying to find the part where I fell asleep so I can see
the end of shows.

On Friday the sales lady from Dillards called and told me the curio
cabinet has arrived. She said they would deliver it on Tuesday. That
is two weeks earlier than they had estimated. Yesterday Dillards
delivery service called to tell me they would deliver between 2 and 4
PM on Tuesday. I told them the usual about the brand new street in a
brand new subdivision. I said I had only seen my street on the 2007
Mapsco maps. She said they were equipped with that book and would be
able to find my house. That Mapsco book is a wonderful thing. It is
too bad that not all cities have them.

On Friday the GE technician looked at all my GE kitchen appliances. He
turned on all the burners on the gas cooktop. They all worked.
Yesterday morning I decided to use the cooktop for the first time. I
turned on the burner and the gas did not ignite. I tried a second
time, and I could hear the gas flow and smell the gas, but again it
did not ignite. I rushed and opened the patio door to let fresh air in
and turned on the vent hood. I grabbed a phone and my PDA and started
looking for the GE Answer Line. Before I made the call I turned the
lock lever back and forth. Then I turned on a burner and the gas
ignited. I went ahead and put a saucepan with water on and waited for
the water to boil. I do think the water came to a boil much quicker
than with the electric range. I hard boiled six eggs. I also think it
was easier to adjust the temperature so the water just simmered while
the eggs cooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.