My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lost and Then Found

So many people tell me that I am so organized. I don't feel organized.
My mother was organized. My father was not. He was always losing
things--especially the car keys. I can remember so many frantic
searches when we were getting ready to go out because my father's car
keys were lost. My mother had one spot where she kept the household
scissors. She would get so mad at my father when he did not return the
scissors to their designated place.

The only person I can blame for misplacing my belongings is me.
Normally I know just where everything is and do not waste my time
searching. The problem I am having now is I cannot remember where I
have put things that came out of the packing boxes. I have several
pairs of black, knee-high hose. I knew I took them out of a box and
wore one pair of them several weeks ago. Last week I could not find
the ones I had not worn. I gave up and ordered six more pairs from
Hanes. Today while searching for my picture hooks I found the missing
hose. Oh well, I needed the additional hose. They should arrive any
day.

On my second pass through the house in search of the pictures hooks I
found them. I had put them on a shelf in the pantry. There are several
hardware items in there that I did not know where else to put them.
Since I now have plenty of pictures hooks there is nothing to keep me
from hanging pictures tomorrow. After I hang pictures, I will unpack
crystal and china. For a while I thought I would never get to this
stage.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    I have been following your move to Frisco and I can assure you, you are a very organized person. I can tell by the efficient way you get things done. I moved about 5 years ago and there are still boxes I haven't unpacked and probably never will. Good luck hanging pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.