My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Walking

I am continuing my morning walks. Every morning I try to explore a
part of Frisco Lakes that I have not seen before. Yesterday morning I
went west on Burnswick Isles Dr. to the end of the street in one of
the garden series neighborhoods. It appears to be that a much greater
number of garden series homes have been built than estate or classic
series homes. The weather was nice and cool but the sun was so bright
that I was blinded by it even though I was wearing my sunglasses.

I have been noticing a rather strange walk between my house and the
amenity center that is on both the east and west sides of Frisco Lakes
Dr. It looks like a drive to enter the path rather than what you
typically see for a sidewalk. Dumb me!. I finally realized it was a
golf cart path that runs along the side of the golf course. This
morning I headed east on the golf cart path. It goes all the way to
Del Webb Blvd. near the main entrance. I was not able to walk all the
way to Del Webb because the last part was too muddy. Also, I was
fearful that the sprinklers that are used to water the golf course
might come on. I went back to Frisco Lakes Dr. and crossed over to the
western side of the golf course path. I again ran into more mud, but I
was able to get my first glimpse of the back side of the amenity
center. I think there is supposed to be another tour of the amenity
center coming up. I was not able to go to the first one because I was
in Beaumont. I want to get a look at the swimming pools and the second
floor walking track.

I have not figured out where the golf club house is supposed to be
located. It is going to have a grill that will be open to all Frisco
Lakes residents whether they are golf club members or not. Sun City
Texas had something similar. I ate breakfast at their buffet when I
went there for a visit.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy said…

    I love to go on walks, too. You probably don't sniff all the mailboxes, though. Peace be upon you, fellow Texan.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    You are right, I do not sniff mailboxes. I can't find one in Frisco.

    You look like you are a pug. I love pugs.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Moobear said…

    Your move has t-totally worn me out, but when I get rested up, I can enjoy your walks lots more. You have amazed me at your organization and planning ahead. You beat my friend P, she is so much like you, but you gotter beat. She was going to email you about Comet bath sprayer cleaner that she swears by and also my s-i-l was braggin on it, so you might wanaa try it on your garden tub, they say you just spray and literally wipe off-- even scum. Thanks for sharing your move with us. So glad you are in your new house and back to ordering LLBean. I gotta have a robe to take to the hospital and might order one from there, as I ain't up to going to no mall to shop.
    Take care my friend.
    Claudia


    God Bless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.