My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Curio Cabinet

Yesterday I decided I was going to have to buy some kind of shelf unit
for my figurines. I had no idea what I was looking for but went to the
Ethan Allen website since at least 95 percent of my furniture came
from Ethan Allen. I went through their pages and found that they had a
few curio cabinets. It was an aha moment when I realized that a curio
cabinet is what I need. There was one that looked good, and I checked
the measurements. It was 17 inches deep. After checking the spot where
I am thinking about placing it I decided 17 inches would stick out too
far.

I then started searching Google, Froogle and Amazon.com. I soon came
across a company, Pulaski Furniture. I had never heard of them but
found their website: Curio Cabinets. They have so many curio cabinets that I cannot
go through their entire line and narrow my selection. I found several
that are only 12 inches deep. I looked at their dealer locator and
found several stores in Frisco who carry them. There is one in the new
Frisco Square which is the closest to me. Dillards department store
also carries them. I do not know a thing about the quality of the
cabinets this company makes, but they seem to the market leader in
this line. I will have to drop by one of the stores and check them
out.

What is even more tempting is that one of Amazon.com's affiliates
sells the cabinets at deeply discounted prices and even offers free
shipping. Most of the cabinets have glass shelves and mirrored back
panels. I would want to know a great deal more about how the units are
shipped before I would even consider purchasing one online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.