My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Cool Morning

According to Weather.com it is 42 degrees in Frisco this morning. Last
night I put an extra blanket on my bed because I knew it was going to
be cold. This morning when I got up the thermostat said it was 71
degrees in the house. I had been keeping the temperature at 74. A 3
degree drop indicates to me that the house is very well insulated. I
normally keep the house at 72 during the winter months. I turned on
the heat for the first time. I was somewhat apprehensive. Fortunately
the heat worked as it should, and it did not take long for the
temperature to reach 72.

On Wednesday I finally got my order from L.L. Bean. The FedEx truck
arrived right at 7 PM. I have placed another order with L.L. Bean. I
am going to see if they will be able to find my house without me
sending them directions. A neighbor was telling me she has had couple
of problems with UPS. They have actually phoned and asked her for
directions.

Yesterday I finally got back to my task of playing catch up with
scanning documents into my computer. I remember a time when computers
were supposed to reduce the amount of paper people would have to
manage. It just has not happened. If I do not keep after the paper, it
does not take long for these disgusting little stacks to start
appearing all over the house. I wish there was a paper exterminator
that I could call.

Yesterday I searched the Internet and found the website for the Collin Central Appraisal District. A number of my neighbors seem to be confused because we have been receiving a survey form from them. The Collin Central Appraisal District handles not only Collin County but also parts of Denton County. Frisco Lakes is within the city limits of Frisco but is in Denton County. To confuse matters even more the dividing line between the Frisco Independent School District and the Little Elm Independent School District runs through Frisco Lakes. FISD has a lower tax rate than LEISD. I was told my house was in FISD. A neighbor told me that someone told her that he had seen the plat maps, and we are in LEISD. Naturally this upset me. It was difficult; but after several attempts, I found that the Collin Central Appraisal District has the maps online. I found the map that shows my lot and verified that it is indeed in FISD. There was a number over my lot that I clicked on. To my surprise it took me to my property tax information. My name and address, size of the house, etc. were all there. I found my account number. All appears to be correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.