My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, October 16, 2006

I Am Bragging

There are no more boxes in the garage labeled books. In addition all
of the things that were in those boxes have been put away. It feels so
good. I was planning on putting my collection of Royal Doulton
figurines on the bookshelves in the study. After I unpacked the boxes,
I realized I would have to use the bookshelves for books as I did back
in Beaumont. The Beaumont house had built-in shelves where I kept my
figurines. I have room for a new shelf unit in the entry. I am not
going to rush out and buy something, but I will start thinking about
shelves and keep my eyes open for something that appeals to me.

The bad thing about opening the last of the boxes labeled books is
there are still a few missing items that have not made an appearance.
The gold-filled pen that matches the pencil that fell out of packing
paper showed up. The waste basket from the powder room is still
missing. I vaguely remember seeing it after the packers had moved on
to the garage which was the last place they worked. I think I took the
waste basket out to them and asked them to pack it. It may be in one
of the garage boxes. Those will be the last to be opened. I had a few
items on the floor that I normally keep in a suitcase. One item was a
lock and plastic covered cable in a little plastic pouch. The pouch
and cable are here, but the lock is missing. The shoe horn is missing
and so is the Christmas wreath. I am wondering if when I was in one of
the many discarding frenzies that I took the Christmas wreath to
Goodwill.

I did a search and found where there is a Goodwill donation station in
Frisco. I have a stack that has a VCR, telephones, a device to relay
the signal from the digital cable box to a second TV and assorted X-10
devices. I have two VCR's. I think I should keep one because I still
have quite a few tapes. I never had a TiVo. The Dish Network DVR is
nice, but I cannot record one show and watch another. I am finding it
useful when I fall asleep before the end of a show to go back and see
what I slept through. I have it recording all of the shows that I
regularly watch.

I still have to unpack my stereo components. I do not know if I will
be able to reconnect them. It is a terrible job. Then I have to hang
pictures. The last thing I am going to do is unpack the twelve boxes
that hold my figures, china and crystal. Those were the first things
to be packed and the last to be unpacked--next to last. The garage
boxes are going to be the very last. I put the tools I need (hammer,
screwdrivers, level, etc.) in a tote bag and took them with me so I am
in pretty good shape. I am going to have to buy the large 33 gal.
trash bags if I don't unpack the garage items. I kept a few out but
put the last one in the trash can this weekend. I also bought a brand
new nozzle for my hose that is packed. I have a new shop vacuum which
is useless because its hoses and tools are also packed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.