My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I Can't Believe It

I wrote several weeks ago about how I received a letter from Denton
County denying me a voter registration card because I had failed to
check the box that said I was a U.S. citizen. I filled out a new voter
registration card and mailed it back to them on September 22. I had
not received a voter registration card. I was beginning to wonder if I
could request a mail-in ballot for Jefferson County or if I should
contact the ACLU because Denton County was not allowing me to vote.

A short time ago this very nice lady named Shelia, who I have talked
to several times, rang my doorbell. She lives on a street that is
parallel to mine but at least a distance equivalent to a city block
away from me. She was holding this card that had mud on it and had
obviously been soaked with water and dried. It was my voter
registration card. She said she found it on the end of her street. I
think it is a miracle that I got the card. It must have blown away
from the mailman's car. The mailman drives a little dark green station
wagon. Apparently U.S. Mail trucks are in short supply along with U.S.
Mailboxes in Frisco.

I found Denton County's website and looked up the dates and locations
for early voting. The closest location for early voting is in The
Colony. Most of Frisco is in Collin County and as a result there are
no early voting locations for me in Frisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.