My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Rain, Rain and More Rain

The flood watch has been issued. Beaumont has had three inches of rain in the past three hours, and it is forecast to continue for the next 2-3 days. I am afraid to drive my car when conditions are like this. I am essentially trapped in my house. I just did a survey of the food I have on hand. By Wednesday I will have to go shopping.
 
Both FEMA flood insurance and the Texas Windstorm insurance are administered by my insurance company, USAA, but I have to deal with three different groups. This morning I made calls to the flood and windstorm groups. Both said they will give me reduced coverage on my Beaumont house when my household goods are moved out. I then talked to another group about getting flood insurance for the house in Frisco. This person was able to access the information that was already in the USAA computer for the homeowners quote so I did not have to struggle with the new street in a new subdivision routine. This woman said she had a sister who lives in Frisco. She said they have to do a check of the flood maps before she will know if they can offer insurance. She will call me back this afternoon or on Wednesday.
 
This weather is ruining the holiday. Fires started by fireworks are not a concern this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.