My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Traversing Circles

I revisited GE's website and went through the process of narrowing their multitude of refrigerators down to a manageable number. I started looking at the models with the freezer on the bottom. What I soon discovered was none of these models were the slim counter depth type. GE calls this feature CustomStyle. CustomStyle is limited to side-by-side models. Also none of the bottom freezer models had dispensers in the door in the black models. There are many more models available in stainless steel, but I have chosen black for my kitchen appliances. The only GE refrigerators that meet my requirements are the ones that are not in production now.
 
I went back to the Consumer Reports ratings. Both Kitchenaid and Whirlpool have better frequency of repair records than GE. I found a Kitchenaid side-by-side model that has possibilities. Sears, Lowes and Best Buy all carry it. I need to see the actual refrigerator because I am not able to see enough detail in the pictures to know if the shelves are what I want. Through the 4th of July Sears has this refrigerator on sale for ten percent off. I found that Lowes' regular price is just a little higher than Sears' sale price. Sears will do a price match plus give ten percent of the difference. This would be my best option. It means that I do not have to rush out and buy it.
 
When the weather dries out, I will go to the local stores and try to find the Kitchenaid model. It rained through the night. I do not know how much rain fell, but I am sure the ground is saturated and more rain will cause street flooding. If I decide to buy this refrigerator, I will buy it from one of the Frisco stores during my next visit.

I looked at the warranties on the GE and Kitchenaid refrigerators. GE has a limited five year warranty on the sealed refrigeration system. Kitchenaid has a limited ten year warranty on the sealed components. The compressor went out after eight years on my current GE refrigerator. It was a very expensive repair. The longer warranty is a big plus for Kitchenaid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.