My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I Am Ashamed!

I follow the news rather closely and try to stay informed, but I feel terribly ignorant because I missed the information on legislation that was passed in late 2005 and signed by President Bush that gives home builders a $2,000 tax credit for an Energy Star qualified home. There are also tax credits for the manufacturers of Energy Star appliances. The consumer gets nothing. Does anyone believe that these savings will be passed along to the consumer? I am not going to discuss politics, but this is another example of who is benefiting from the current administration I vaguely remember this being in the news when it was passed, but it did not get much attention. It almost makes me think I should look at the cheaper appliances that do not have the Energy Star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.