My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Countdown

I am using September 8 as the date the movers will deliver my
household goods to Frisco, and I will spend the first night in my new
house. I have created a little formula in an Excel spreadsheet to
calculate the days. The count is at 71.

While searching for information on appliances I have found that many
government agencies and utilities are offering rebates on the purchase
of Energy Star qualified appliances. For example the City of Austin's
water department has a $100 rebate on the purchase of a washing
machine. It seems like this would be a good thing for Frisco since the
water shortage is so severe. With the Sears Elite Oasis or the
Whirlpool Cabrio the machine senses the amount of clothes and
automatically selects the correct amount of water. I am a little
nervous about this feature. I have always equated lots of water with
cleaner clothes. Anyway I posted a message on the Frisco-Online forum
inquiring about the availability of rebates. My house is Energy Star
qualified. I really would like to get a big rebate on it. O.K. I am
entitled to dream.

I did not do anything of consequence regarding the move yesterday. I
bought my fifth big box of bubble wrap at Sam's Club. I called my
realtor and asked her what she knew about A-OK Movers. She said she
had heard of them and only knew good things. I told her I would like
to talk to someone who has recently moved with them. She said she
would look in her file and call me back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.