My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Update

Every morning I check several real estate websites to see what is happening in the condo/townhome/patio home category. A house on the street behind me that is in the same association as mine has been on the market for approximately seven weeks. I have been wondering why the house has not sold. I do not know anything about the condition of the house. This morning it was listed as sold. I know the owners must be very happy. I am happy too.

The insurance coverage on my Beaumont house is complicated. I have three separate policies. My insurance company does not include windstorm coverage in the homeowners policy for houses in the Texas coastal counties. I have a separate policy from the Texas high-risk pool coverage for windstorm. I also have FEMA flood insurance. Yesterday I contacted the company that has the homeowner's policy about how the coverage would change when my house is empty and on the market. They said they would cancel the homeowners and write a fire policy. It will include all the standard coverage that the homeowners does but does not cover household goods. It will cover vandalism for 30 days. If the house does not sell in 30 days, I will need additional coverage. I will also have to get coverage for the refrigerator, washer and dryer that I am leaving behind. Things are complicated. Next week I will contact the windstorm and flood insurers about how they handle the empty house.

People will probably think I am crazy, but I am going to find out if FEMA flood insurance is available for my new house. Dallas is in the middle of a drought. I am moving to Frisco Lakes. The main lake is man made. The house is not in a flood plane, but I have seen too much flooding in the news this year. The way weather patterns are changing no one seems to be safe from hazards.

I am going to try and pack one more box of china this morning. Then I am going to try and put the move out of my mind for a while. I have started reading Robert Ludlum's The Parsifal Mosaic. My reading rate has really slowed in the past weeks. Some day I will resume my normal life and get back to reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.