My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Thinking

I am mulling my moving options. The more I think about it the more I
am leaning toward selecting A-OK Moving & Storage. I have met the
owner, the estimator, the driver and part of the packing crew. All
these functions are handled by Mr. Olson, and I like him. With one of
the big name movers there is no way of knowing who will show up to
actually do my moving. Now I am trying to find someone here in
Beaumont who has had a recent move with A-OK, I would like to talk
with them and find out about an actual experience. I do not know many
people who have moved recently. I asked my hairdresser yesterday if
any of her customers have moved recently to ask them if they would be
willing to talk with me. There used to be an online discussion forum
for Southeast Texas; but if it still exists, I can't find it. Frisco
residents have a wonderful resource in the Frisco-Online forums.

The credit reference letter from Entergy Texas arrived yesterday. It
said I had been a customer since November 18, 1987. I was trying to
remember just when I closed on my present house. I knew it was before
Thanksgiving. I remember packing my crystal and china on the day after
Thanksgiving and taking it to Beaumont to the new house the next day.
I think the moving process started the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I went ahead and faxed the credit reference letter to CoServe. I am
worried that they will say they got the letter too far in advance and
might require me to get an up to date letter with my last two months
of payment history. A satisfactory credit reference letter allows them
to waive the requirements for deposits. I have not called the City of
Frisco water department yet. I think I will have to pay their deposit
irregardless of past history. Their deposit is considerably less than
Beaumont's. I will be getting both trash and water from the city.
CoServe handles both gas and electricity. I am assume there will be
separate bills. If I get AT&T's Triple Pak, it will consolidate TV,
phone and internet on one bill. Fewer monthly bills is a good thing.

I packed one more box of china yesterday. I had forgot just what some
of the pieces were. I packed all of the serving pieces except for the
open vegetable dishes. I found a brochure that listed all of the
pieces in the different patterns so I was able to figure out the
proper names to use on my inventory list. I now have three boxes
packed for the next trip to Frisco. I can safely carry six boxes in
the car. I think I can pack the remaining china into the last 3
cartons. That will leave me six more cartons. I think I will pack some
of my most valuable small items that I do not want the movers to
handle and take them to the storage unit when I go up for the final
walk through and closing. Then I will be able to load up the car for
the final move.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger rilera said…

    If you have www.angieslist.com in your area you can check that to see if there are any recommendations for movers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.