My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday the owner of A-OK Movers came to my house to do his survey. I was very impressed and feel confident if I select him the move to Frisco will be first class. The only bad thing about his estimate is that it is $600 more than the Beaumont Allied and almost $2,000 more than the Houston-based United Van Lines estimate. I am tempted to pay the premium for the sake of peace of mind. I would never have picked A-OK Movers out of the phone book. The contacts through MovingScam.com led me to A-OK. An investigator for the Texas Department of Transportation and Consumer Reports both recommend MovingScam.com as an excellent source of moving information. The Wald Mayflower agent is scheduled for July 7. I will not make my decision until after I receive the Mayflower bid.

The website for Frisco Lakes residents is up and running now. There is a directory of all the people who have bought houses in Frisco Lakes. This will be the place to check the community calendar. There are sections for news and classified ads. There is also a private email function on the website. The Lifestyle Director sent out a number of invitations. There is going to be a new activity called a movie and a dinner. On the first Sunday of every month a group will go to a matinee movie and dinner afterwards. I signed up to start in October. I am really looking forward to getting involved in the community activities. Since I retired I have become more and more isolated. That is going to change in Frisco Lakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.