My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, June 30, 2006

I Bought A Washer & Dryer

This morning I went to the Sears store at Parkdale Mall. When I went
by the appliance department, I decided to try and get some more
information on the availability of the GE Profile refrigerator. The
sales person was rather young and did not seem to be too experienced.
She went over to the computer and tried to enter the refrigerator
model number. I told her if that is the same website that I use at
home you are not going to find anything. I told her the sales lady at
the Sears store in Frisco had been able to pull it up on a system that
required that she log in, and she had used 8109 as the Sears stock
number. Another salesperson told the woman who was helping me to try
the cash register. That pulled up the same information as I had seen
in Frisco, but now the availability date was August 5. I showed her
the email I received from GE that said the refrigerator would not go
into production until the end of August. She said some stores get
priority over others. The second sales person said I could go ahead
and place my order. I told them I absolutely had to have a
refrigerator when I move in, and I asked if I could cancel if the
delivery was delayed. They did not give me a direct answer, and I
thanked them for their help and told them I would check back.

As I was walking out of the appliance department, I stopped to admire
the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer. The same sales person came
up to me and told me they were on sale for twenty percent off today
and tomorrow. It seems like Sears runs a different sale every week. I
have been watching the sales for some time. A couple of months ago
they offered twenty percent off if you bought three appliances. All of
the sales since have had lesser reductions. I knew it was very
unlikely that I would get a better deal. I bought the pair in the
black diamond color. There are black glass windows in the doors.

I thought their computer would balk when my new Frisco address was
entered, but to my surprise it accepted the address. I gave directions
to my new house. The computer displayed a list of towns and counties
for the zip code. Frisco, Denton County was on the list. The delivery
is scheduled for Saturday, September 9. I have a 1-800 number to call
if I need to change the delivery date.

I am hoping that I will be able to get my first choice refrigerator. I
am going to keep checking. Maybe it will work out. Slowly I am getting
things resolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.