My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Update

This morning I looked at the Home Depot website. I am still able to
pull up the old model GE refrigerator. I saw they had a 1-800 major
appliance help line. I called and got a hold of a woman who was very
helpful. I explained my moving situation and how GE has a new model
refrigerator that I want, but it is not coming up on the website. She
said it could be ordered 90 days in advance of delivery. She said she
would call GE and find out when it would be available. She called me
back after she talked to GE. She said they told her it would not go
into production until September, and it would be late October before
it was in the stores. That is worse than what GE told me in their
email. I then asked her if it would be possible to order the old
model. She said unfortunately it is no longer available. She said I
might be able to find a floor model in one of the Dallas area Home
Depot stores, but often they are scratched and dented.

I then went back to my PC and found a product inquiry number for
Sears. I called. This time I got an absolute dud. If it was not in her
computer, there was nothing more she could tell me.

I have come to a conclusion that I am going to have to make another
selection. There are several lower priced counter depth models. They
do not have all the bells and whistles of the model I want. There is
also a top of the line model in a slightly smaller size that I might
consider. I have decided to put the refrigerator decision on hold for
several weeks. I may consider another brand besides GE. I have never
owned anything but GE refrigerators, and they have been far from
problem free. It may be time to consider something else.

I had intended to pack one more box of crystal and china last week but
did not get it done. This morning I packed the last eight Waterford
stems. I packed my Lladro umbrella lady figurine. I used an incredible
amount of bubble wrap. I then added the demitasse cups, sugar bowl,
creamer, cake plate and five tea cups from my English bone china.
There is something about packing these things that makes me feel
terribly sad. I am making an inventory list of each box's contents and
keeping the list on my PC.

The nice man from A-OK Movers is coming out to give me an estimate
this afternoon. I am keeping an open mind until after I talk to him.

I posted a message on the Frisco-Online forum asking for comments on
the Dish Network satellite TV service in Frisco. Five people
responded, and their comments were surprisingly favorable. One man
said he had the Dish Network in the Woodlands (Houston suburb), and it
was terrible. He now has their service in Frisco, and it is very good.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger writing_here said…

    Laptops go astray, desktops go kaput, so one suggestion - make sure you have a printed out version of your inventory or put it on a keychain drive (and don't lose the drive) or store the file online in someplace like briefcase.yahoo.com.

    A Dallasite who has moved more times than she'd like to think about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.