My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Update

We are supposed to get a little rain today. It is badly needed. Jefferson County is under a burn ban. Every time it has rained since the hurricane I have been a little worried about my roof. Since my roofer checked it out I will not be so apprehensive every time it rains. I have seen no signs of leaking since I returned. I need to go to the post office and get one and two cent stamps. I forgot about the postage increase.
 
I did a little more cleaning in the garage. The garage project is going to take a long time. I gave the tile in my front entry a thorough scrubbing with my Hoover FloorMate. The scrubber does a fairly decent job. It is really good at vacuuming up the dirty scrub water. I have had it for several years but for some reason I have to have the manual close at hand every time I use it. I think getting the controls set for vacuuming, scrubbing and wet pickup are complicated.
 
It is time to pay the property taxes on my house. In the past I have mailed a check to the tax assessor's office. It takes forever to get the receipt. I always worry if they received my check until I receive the receipt. This year I have decided to go pay in person so I can walk away with my receipt in hand. I have not received a thing from the IRS. I suppose since I have filed electronically they are saving the expense of mailing forms to me.
 
I have not heard from the man who repaired the sheetrock in my neighbor's house. Another lady on the street is also trying to get him to come and look at her house. She talked to him on Friday. She told him he could do both of our houses at the same time and save on his travel time. We are going to take turns calling him until he shows up.
 
In a little over two weeks I will go to Frisco to attend the Del Webb seminar on their Frisco Lakes community. If I am still interested in moving to Frisco after this trip, I might rent an extended stay apartment and spend several weeks in the area. I will pretend I live there and explore grocery stores, shopping centers and all of the other services that I need for day to day living. That would give me a feel for the community and traffic conditions. The traffic is my worst worry about Frisco. It would give me an opportunity to learn about the area before I make a big commitment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.