My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Forgot

It has been a long time since I skipped a day without writing something for this blog. The fact is that yesterday I just forgot about it.
 
Yesterday I went with my neighbor and her realtor to look at a few new homes and fairly new homes that were up for resale. I saw some very nice houses. Just this week Beaumont was mentioned on the national news as being one of the top five cities in the country where real estate is seriously undervalued. I saw confirmation of that yesterday. $200,000 to $250,000 will buy a very nice house in this city. All of Texas is under valued compared to many parts of the country. I am not going to get as much house for the money in a Del Webb community as I could here in Beaumont, but I am very willing to pay the premium to get away from the Gulf Coast.
 
I really liked my neighbor's realtor. She was not at all pushy, she seemed to be very efficient and well informed. She is going to come out and do a market analysis of my house. She called me yesterday evening to tell me what the house across the street from me sold for in December. I had thought my neighbor had exaggerated when he told me what he got. It turns out that the house sold for 3k more than he told me. I am encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.