My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Yesterday and Today


The mailman delivered the first magazines and catalogs post Rita. I got the September 26 issue of Time. It appears the oldest bulk mail is being delivered first. The Wall Street Journal was in my driveway at 5 AM when I got up this morning. Little by little things are approaching normal.

The weather is absolutely beautiful. We are having the nicest weather of the year right now. It is still difficult to comprehend that just three weeks ago tonight the weather was so violent and brought so much havoc and destruction. Either today or tomorrow I am going to attempt to wash my car. I have not washed the car myself in several years. There are bugs on the windshield and front grill and bumper from the highway driving.

I called L.L. Bean customer service back yesterday afternoon after I found out that it was an error on the part of FedEx that cause my package to be returned to Bean. The customer service rep. placed a new order and is having it shipped FedEx second day air, and they are not charging me for the second order. L.L. Bean is among the very best when it comes to customer service.

I called several financial institutions where I have accounts yesterday looking for free advice on how to line up my finances while doing the minimum damage tax wise in order to be ready to purchase a new house. I learned several things. New legislation has been passed to aid Katrina victims, but I doubt if it will be extended to Rita. Rita was not as severe as Katrina. In Beaumont most people are able to go back in their homes although that does help the ones whose homes cannot be inhabited. Port Arthur had a large portion of the city flooded so they are in much worse shape. In Cameron, LA, nothing is left standing except the courthouse. I am afraid they would not accept the idea that Rita was not as bad as Katrina.

I have managed to successfully solve the SuDoku puzzle every day since I returned home. I just printed the current puzzle. It is the "very hard" level. This is the first time I have attempted to work a very hard level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.