My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Primative


I went to Wal-Mart this morning. I can tell that progress is being made on removing rubble and debris. The Wal-Mart lot had several RV’s with insurance company logos on them. I guess the adjusters are camping there. The Wal-Mart store seemed to have lots of employees at work stocking the shelves. There was still no frozen food but seventy-five percent of the refrigerated shelves had food. I was able to get everything on my list and get my shopping card replenished so I am ready to shop at Sam’s Club. The self-checkout scanners were operating. When I walked up, a supervisor came over and said I will check you out. They are operating the scanners in the supervisory mode and not the do-it-yourself mode.

I then went to the Bank of America branch. It is a beehive of activity with the repairs to the building. I could not find a parking space so I went into the adjacent shopping center parking lot which was full of big trailer trucks. I hiked back to the bank. There was a tent set up with folding chairs in front of the mobile bank. Two-thirds of the chairs were filled with people and it was only five minutes until nine. I asked what the procedure was and a lady told me they were waiting to see a teller. I asked if you had to wait in line to use the ATM. They said no I could go right over to the ATM. I did that and asked another BOA employee if I could make a deposit into the ATM. He said no that I had to see the teller. At that moment they asked if anyone wanted to just make a deposit and not get cash back. That was what I wanted. They told me to go right to the front. I felt bad going ahead of all those who were sitting there waiting. I had my check sealed in an ATM deposit envelope. The teller asked me if I had a deposit slip. I pulled one out of my checkbook. I write so few checks that my checks still say NationsBank on them and have 19__ in the date space. I have fully entered the digital age. Then the teller carefully examined the check and wrote out a receipt for me. I will be checking online to see how many days it takes the system to acknowledge the deposit. I am so used to making deposits into the ATM and then coming home and seeing the transaction online. Instant gratification is gone for the foreseeable future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.