My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Confused and Tired


About 9:45 I left home again to go to Sam’s Club. My cell phone rang, and it was the contract adjuster for my insurance company (the one I thought had been fired). He told me he had my case back and wanted to know if I would be home this afternoon. I told him I had been given the name of a new adjuster last night and wanted to call the insurance company and get things clarified. After I got home from Sam’s, I called and found out I indeed was back with the first adjuster. I called him and hopefully will see him this afternoon.

My usual route to Sam’s Club is to go south on Major Drive to Washington and then east on Washington to the frontage road. I traveled about a mile on Washington and came to a road closed sign. I had to turn my car around and go back to Major Drive. I then went east on College which is U.S. Hwy. 90. There were lanes closed by police cars and tie-ups because of big trucks delivering building materials. The traffic was worse than rush hour. One thing I like about Beaumont is the traffic is normally quite tolerable. I can usually go almost anyplace within the city in 15 minutes.

I got to Sam’s and went to the gasoline pumps. The price was $2.769/gal. for premium unleaded. Every place that I have looked premium has been a little over $3/gal. I thought maybe the pumps were not working and still had pre-Rita prices. I was able to fill my car and actually paid $2.769.

When I got inside the store I heard someone calling my name. It was a man I worked with when I first came to this area. Then his friend walked up, and he was another one that I had worked with long ago. We had to trade evacuation stories and play a little catch up. I finally completed my shopping and headed back home. I got D-size batteries and my old radio works just fine now. It is ready for the next power outage. I was able to get three of the four newly released paperback books that I had on my list. I feel like I have put in a full day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.