My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Progress?


I got my hair cut this morning. I no longer look like I was hit by the hurricane. Poor Julie, my hairdresser, went through the hurricane in Lumberton. They initially thought they were far enough north to be safe. Then when they realized that they were in Rita’s path it was too late to evacuate. She said it roared for about twelve hours like a freight train.

I called Mike Smith Honda’s service department to see if they could check my Acura and replace the shocks and struts. The service rep. transferred me to the parts department. I was told they could not order Acura parts even though they are both a part of Honda. The parts man told me I could go to Classic Acura and buy the parts myself and take them to Mike Smith Honda to have them installed. I was transferred back to the service department and made an appointment to have them look at my car on Monday. This is turning out to be a real hassle. Beaumont does not have Lexus or Infiniti dealerships. Acura is the only Japanese luxury car that has a dealer in Beaumont and now I have found that dealership has its limitations.

My Wall Street Journal was delivered after 7 AM this morning. During normal times I think it is delivered around 3 AM. The last issue of Time magazine that I received before the hurricane was dated September 19. I called the customer service number and had a difficult time getting through the menu to a human being. I finally did. I explained that the post office is only delivering first class mail. The lady was very nice. She extended my subscription to cover the missed issues. She is sending the current issue out as a test to see if I receive it, and she is putting my subscription on suspension until I call back after I start receiving bulk mail again.

While I was at the beauty shop, a lady told me she received a package from FedEx. I called them when I got home and was told they are delivering in Beaumont. I told her about my package being returned to L.L. Bean and gave her the tracking number. She put me on hold and came back and told me the package was indeed going to be delivered back to Bean today, but it was due to an error in the sorting hub in Connecticut. She said right after the storm all packages to my area were automatically returned to the shippers. For some reason the scanning computers at the Connecticut hub had not been updated and rejected my package. She said the problem would be corrected.

It appears that every day is going to present new challenges. I will just have to handle each obstacle as it comes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.