My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Shopping Problems


This morning when I checked the FedEx tracking information for the package I was expecting from L.L. Bean, I saw that the package had been returned to the shipper. I called L.L. Bean to discuss my options. The customer service representative said they would send it priority mail as a courtesy, but since I have received nothing but first class letters since the hurricane I decided it was too risky to send the package through the mail. L.L. Bean will credit my card when they process the package. I feel like my wings have really been clipped if I am deprived of mail order shopping.

In 1972 when Parkdale Mall was built there was a two floor Joske’s department store in the mall. Sometime in the early 80’s Parkdale Mall was expanded and Dillard’s department store opened a store in the new section of the mall. In the late 80’s Dillard’s bought Joske’s. Dillard’s walled off the second floor in the old Joske’s store and used the first floor for men’s clothing. The newer Dillard’s store became the women’s Dillard’s. They continued to operate two stores until Hurricane Rita arrived. The women’s Dillard’s sustained heavy damage and will not reopen until next year. Dillard’s is removing the wallboard they used to conceal the escalators in the old Joske’s store. The escalators are still in place and work. They are going to carpet the second floor and put the women’s clothing there. The newer store will remain closed for repairs.

The Target store was expanded and remodeled one year ago. It has sustained major damage also and will be closed for several months. I am glad that Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club survived. I am sure as the days go on I will be learning of more and more businesses that I depend on that have problems because of Rita.

Next week I am going to find out what my options are for getting the shock absorbers and struts replaced in my car. My car is an Acura. Before Rita I took my car to Classic Acura. They are a small dealership and do not have the facilities to install the shocks and struts. They referred me to a local shop that I would rather not go to. I am going to see if a Honda dealer will work on my car since Acura is a division of Honda. I would think the Honda dealers should be able to obtain Acura parts. It is going to take patience and perseverance to live here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.