My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Progress


The freezer is clean. I detect a little lingering odor. I placed my only box of baking soda in it and expect it will clear up. The day before I evacuated I found the batteries in my old, big shortwave radio had corroded. I could not even get the battery compartment door opened. In addition the day before evacuation, I could not find D-size batteries in any store. This morning I worked on the radio. I got into the battery compartment and cleaned out every trace of corrosion. I still need to buy D-size batteries.

I called Kroger and was able to make an appointment to get a flu shot on Wednesday. I got my flu shot there last year. I really like the way they make appointments. There are no lines and no insufferable waits like the doctors’ offices inflict.

I also reached my insurance adjuster and confirmed that he will be able to see me this afternoon. He is working in Lake Charles and goes through Beaumont on the way back to his home in the Houston area. He has a rough job.

I called the air conditioning/heating contractor who has my service contract. As I suspected, they are not doing their routine fall maintenance checks. There are so many people with damaged systems. They are busy making estimates for insurance and making repairs, but they said they intend to start scheduling the fall checks in about two weeks.

There is a light rain today which is raising the humidity. This is not helping my garage ceiling dry out. The sheetrock in the bedrooms is drying; and as it dries, a brown stain is becoming more noticeable.

A year from now I will be in my new house, and all of this will be fading into the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.