My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Day of Rest



The picture above is of the damaged decorative vent that let the water into my attic which ran down between the walls and damaged the sheetrock.

I have done no work today. The freezer will be waiting for me tomorrow. I went to the post office to mail some letters. It was nice to see that place without the lines of people. Then I drove around the perimeter of Parkdale Mall. The mall appears to be in very good shape. I took pictures of the destroyed Hollywood Theaters multi-screen complex with the damaged McDonald’s golden arches behind it The Parkdale Mall parking lot is still being used as a staging area for various construction crews and relief workers. It was really odd to see the rows of porta potties in the parking lot.

I have posted some pictures to Smugmug: My Neighborhood Two Weeks After Hurricane Rita. The first four pictures are of my house and yard. Mine is the pinkish colored one. Then there are two pictures of the movie theater and other buildings near Parkdale Mall. I walked around the neighborhood and took pictures at random. I was not trying to show the worst. There are so many piles of trash. It is really awful. After comparing the pictures of my house and the rest of the neighborhood, it is easy to understand why the neighbors told me my house was unscathed.

I have spent more time talking to my neighbors over the past three days than I have over the past three years. It is good to be able to share information and trade war stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.