My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Continuing to Recover


Yesterday morning I finally washed my car. The weather was just right for the task. I managed to get most of the bugs from the highway driving cleaned off. It is not perfect, but is certainly better than what the car wash would have done. Tomorrow I am taking the car to the Honda dealer. Then I will go to the Acura dealer and buy or order the parts. I hope I can get this problem resolved by weeks end.

Toward the middle of the week I am going to contact the man who is going to do my sheetrock repairs. The sheetrock is almost dry. I have my doubts about the quality of the repairs being done on my neighbors’ houses. They are desperate to get work done and have little choice in who they can get and are paying exorbitant prices.

I talked to one friend yesterday. They had a problem getting electricity back. They had to hire an electrician to reconnect their house to the pole. Then the air conditioner would not come on. They had to get a new compressor. They have a hole in the roof. They put their freezer in the backyard. Someone from Houston was collecting the freezer while we were on the phone. When I get discouraged, I tell myself it could have been so much worse. My friend is saying the same thing. Her troubles are worse than mine, but there are so many who are in worse shape.

A neighbor from the street in back of me called last night. The chimney from the house next door to her fell on her house. She finally got that removed. She needs a new roof. The woe goes on and on. The problem is there are at least 250,000 people all having these problems ranging from rather minor like mine to catastrophic. The euphoria of returning home is wearing off and the magnitude of the damage is starting to be very depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.