My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Update

I have now slept on my new mattress and box springs for two nights. The first night I thought it felt pretty good. Last night I tossed and turned a lot. It is classified as extra firm, and it was not an exaggeration. My old mattress was firm, but it was long over due for replacement and had lost much of its support. I think I will be able to adapt to the new mattress. Sunday afternoon a woman called from Macy's delivery service to check that I had received the mattress and find out if everything went well. When I started to tell her about the ridiculous amount of time that was wasted because the driver did not have directions and then how the crew rushed with the setup in order to make up for lost time, she hung up on me. Macy's must record those conversations because later that night a supervisor from Macy's delivery service called from Houston and apologized profusely for the experience. He told me they were going to check into it. I really blame Macy's management for expecting their crews to find addresses solely by GPS. If the software is not up to date, GPS is useless in new neighborhoods.
 
Yesterday when I pulled into the driveway I noticed a shingle was out of place on the roof over the garage. We had a bad storm last Wednesday. Sunday morning there was another storm that had wind and rain but was not as severe as Wednesday. I called my new customer relations manager, Gary. He said he would have a roofer come out and repair it. Yesterday afternoon while I was at canasta a second shingle came off the roof. I found both shingles on the ground at the side of the house. I began to worry that water would leak into the house. I am not strong enough to pull the ladder to the attic down. My friend's husband came over. He went into the attic, and I stuck my head up through the opening. Fortunately neither of us spotted any water stains. Tomorrow is supposed to be very windy. I hope the shingles are replaced today.
 
I managed to find enough ladies who are willing to attend the Red Hat luncheon so we will be going to the Abbey Grill today. I am going to insist we make a decision on the place for our next meeting so we can get the word out to everyone a little more efficiently next month.
 
The canasta group is growing so large that we now have to make reservations in advance. If the number who signs does not fill tables of four the last 1-3 odd people will not be able to play and will be moved to the head of the list for the next week. There is some kind of penalty for being a no show. I tuned the rest of it out. It got too complicated for me. Bureaucracy will follow me to the grave.
 
I checked my order status with Amazon.com, and they are getting read to ship the 8 gb Sandisk thumb drive to me. This is much sooner than they had estimated. I will now be able to scan documents by feeding them to the printer and letting the printer save them to the thumb drive. I will then copy them from the thumb drive onto the computer.
 
I watched a really strange new show on CBS last night. It uses claymation animals. It is called Creature Comforts. I thought it would be some kind of comedy, but it was really different. It was a series of clips on the animals being interviewed. Some of it was very raunchy. I am surprised that CBS would have a show like that at 7 PM.
 
The roofer just arrived. He is replacing the shingles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.