My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Unbelievable

The mattress set that I bought at Macy's on Memorial Day was scheduled to be delivered today. I was told I would be called on Saturday and notified of the delivery window. I had not received a call by 4 PM. I looked at my receipt and saw there was a web address where I could check my delivery status. The website showed that my delivery was scheduled for 9:45 to 11:45. Around 5:30 I finally received a call with the same information. The trouble started about 9:45 this morning.
 
I received a call from one of the delivery men. He said their GPS could not find my street. I told him to go to FM 423 and turn on Stonebrook, etc. About a half hour later I got a call, and he said he had just got off the Tollway and was going west on Stonebrook. I had a hard time making him  understand that Stonebrook was not cut through. He would have to go west on either Lebanon or Frisco's Main St. in order to get to FM 423 in order to enter Frisco Lakes. He called two more times before he finally arrived. He wasted an hour getting here. I have had multiple deliveries from Sears and also Dillard's and never had a experience like this.
 
When they finally got here, they were in a big hurry. The driver tried to get me to sign the paperwork before I had a chance to inspect the mattress. Then they rushed around. He balanced the springs up against my dresser. I am very protective of my furniture and do not want it scratched. They rushed through the set up of the new new mattress and set the old mattress on the wet concrete. If anything had been wrong with the new mattress, I would have been in a bad situation because they had not treated my old mattress with any kind of care. I looked in the truck, and it was fully loaded with mattress sets. There are going to be a lot of unhappy customers today because that pair will be late with the rest of the deliveries.
 
After they left I made up the bed. I only have one set of sheets that has a deep enough pocket in the fitted sheet to go on this mattress. I will now be shopping for sheets. All the old reliable U.S. companies that produced sheets and towels have gone bankrupt. I checked Consumer Reports, and they said they found that all the high thread count information on the imported sheets is just plain wrong. They gave their top rating to sheets with the Sealy brand. I found that both Amazon.com and J.C. Penney's carry them. Next time I go to the mall I will go in Penney's and look at them. The world has changed, and I do not think it has improved.
 
Our Red Hat luncheon is supposed to be this Tuesday. The queen bee has been dealing with family health problems and has been unable to notify the group where we are going on Tuesday. She sent me an email and asked me to get in touch with the group. I sent out an email this morning and have called some of the ladies this afternoon. I arbitrarily said we need a minimum of six in order to hold the luncheon. I think we will have our six and hopefully more. We are going to go to the Abbey Grill on Frisco's Main Street. The building used to be a church. It will be fun to go there.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Aaron said…

    Red Hat luncheon? I don't really understand...But thanks for using proper grammar.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    Aaron,

    The Red Hat Society is a ladies' social group whose only purpose is to have fun. More information can be found here: http://www.redhatsociety.com/.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.