My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Update

Yesterday I checked the store hours for Macy's at Stonebriar and found they were opening at nine instead of the usual ten. I left home immediately and got to the store a little after nine. I was the only person in the sleep shop looking at mattresses. I had the undivided attention of a very nice salesman. I had seen on the Internet that Macy's was giving an additional ten percent discount if you charged your purchase on a Macy's card. I do not have a Macy's account and did not want to open one. The salesman told me that I could use any card I wanted, and they had coupons they could use to give me the additional discount. I took off my shoes and laid down on the two mattresses I had picked out on the Internet. Of course, I decided that I liked the more expensive one better. The salesman entered the delivery location in the computer and explained their return and exchange policy. I was surprised when he told me the earliest they could deliver would be Sunday. He explained that they are working this coming Sunday to make up for the holiday. When I got home, I looked at the salesman's business card that he had stapled to my receipt. He is the furniture department manager. I thought that explained why he was so thorough and knowledgeable. Now if the delivery and setup of the new mattress and box springs goes as smoothly, I will be very happy.
 
Yesterday I got an email from the man who heads up the camera club. He decided that tomorrow would be a good day to go to the Fort Worth Zoo. I checked the zoo's website and saw that admission is half price on Wednesdays. I wonder if that had any influence on the choice of day. I checked the weather report for Wednesday and the rain is supposed to let up in the morning and return in the afternoon. We are leaving Frisco Lakes at 8:30 so we should be back in Frisco before the weather gets bad again. I am going to take only the 70-300 mm lens for my camera. I have not used that lens in a long time. I am going to have to consult the manual to make sure I change the lens properly. I am also going to take my tripod. I have a quick release plate assembly on the tripod and camera. I am going practice with it today so I will know what I am going tomorrow. I do not think I have used my tripod since I moved to Frisco.
 
My computer had a bad day yesterday. It did not connect to the network when I first booted and had to shutdown and reboot. Then it hung once when I tried to put it in the sleep mode, it hung a second time when I tried to shut it down and it dropped its network connection. Microsoft's diagnostics said there may be a problem with the WiFi adapter driver. I checked automatically for an updated driver and Windows says the driver is up to date. I also checked Sony's website and could find nothing. I just hope that some day Sony and Microsoft will solve my problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.