My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Garage Cabinets

Finding suitable storage cabinets for my garage has evolved into a much more complicated task than I had anticipated. A week ago I was ready to have the first company I talked to install cabinets. Then I decided I should get additional bids. On Friday morning a second company came out and gave me an estimate. The second company was considerably more expensive, but their quality was obviously superior. On Friday afternoon I went to a home and garden show in Frisco. Both companies that I talked to had booths at the show. A third company had an exhibit, and I gave them my name and address. They will also be giving me an estimate.
 
Yesterday morning I went to Lowes, Home Depot and Sears to see if they had any cabinets that would suit my needs. Some time ago I saw an ad on TV for a line of cabinets made by Stanley which are carried exclusively by Home Depot. I had looked for them at the Beaumont Home Depot, but none of their employees that I asked knew what I was talking about. Yesterday I found a few of the cabinets at the store on Ohio Dr. Their stock was very limited and the person I talked to could not tell me very much about them. Lowes had nothing that interested me. I then went to Sears. There I found the best looking cabinets that I had seen. I thought they were a Sears product. They call them Ulti-Mate. The drawback of the cabinets is they require a great deal of assembly. I looked at the manual for the big storage cabinet, and it recommended that two people do the assembly.
 
This morning I did a Google search on Ulti-Mate. I was surprised to find that even Amazon.com carries them. Their prices are at least fifty percent higher than Sears. I then found the manufacturer's website: UltiMATE GARAGE. The cabinets that I saw at Sears were a graphite gray color. Down at the bottom of the page on the manufacturer's website I saw that they are planning on introducing the cabinets in white. That is what I would really like to have. I sent the manufacturer an email and asked if they could recommend someone to assemble the cabinets in Frisco. The company is located in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.