My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Final

Its over. I have the money. Yesterday I watched the progress of the closing papers on the FedEx tracking site. The package did not leave DFW until after 4 AM. They arrived in Houston and then departed for Beaumont. They arrived in Beaumont and were sent out for delivery. Finally a little before 11 AM they were delivered to the receptionist at the front desk at the title company. About 2:30 I received a call from the title company. The woman said she was trying to wire the money to my bank, but the system was not accepting it. She said I needed to call my bank and verify the routing number. My personal customer service representative must have taken off for the Christmas holiday because I could not reach him. I was forced to call the 1-800 number which I think is staffed with idiots. After fighting my way through the menu, I got a man who sounded like he was partaking of the Christmas punch at the office party. He said the routing number for wire transfers is not the same as the routing number printed on checks that is used for electronic fund transfers. He gave me the routing number. I had a hard time understanding him and had to ask him to repeat it a couple of times. I then called the title company. I stayed on the line while she entered the information in the computer. She said it would be a couple of hours before I would see the money in my bank account. It was about 2:45 when the transfer was made. A little after 4 PM I logged onto my online bank account and the money had arrived. Later in the evening I opened my commemorative bottle of Jack Daniels to celebrate.
 
After I confirmed the money had arrived, I called my insurance company and cancelled the fire policy. Then I faxed the form to the Texas Windstorm insurance group to cancel the windstorm policy. I have already taken care of the utilities and paid the final bills. It will be nice to get the refunds on the insurance.
 
I have started deleting Beaumont websites from my Internet Explorer list. I checked the MLS site for the last time. The house is still shown on the MLS site, but who cares. I have the money.
 
The plumbing company called yesterday and said they would be out Tuesday morning with the correct toilet tank. After that is done, all that will be left is to get the base of the fireplace vent pipe painted. The temperature has been too cold for painting. I am going to take a break until after the first of the year from the house tasks. I am going to get garage cabinets and get the garage squared away. I still need to replace the plants that froze in front of the house. I also have to work on getting the homestead exemption on the house with Denton County and with the Collin Appraisal district. Denton County told me to wait on getting the registration on my car transferred until the renewal in date in April. There are stricter pollution control regulations on cars in Denton County than in Jefferson County and my car will have to be inspected before I can register it in Denton County.
 
On Thursday morning while I was waiting for the closing papers to arrive I set up my new wireless weather station. I put the outdoor sensor on the front porch near the roof in a protected position. The base station has a radio controlled clock. The outside temperature and relative humidity are tracking what is shown on Weather.com for Frisco very closely.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.