My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ready to Start a New Year

2006 was a better year than 2005 for me because there were no hurricanes. However, with all that I have been through with the move from Beaumont I would not want to relive 2006. It is time to have some fun and enjoy myself. I hope that 2007 will enable me to do that.
 
Yesterday I went out to permanently mount the sensor for my wireless weather station on the front porch. I used the two screws that were included with the kit. I got them driven half way, and I could not finish the job. I asked a neighbor for help. He soon found the problem. The screws were too long and I had hit concrete. It was good to know I was not as weak as I thought I was. He found some shorter screws and finished the job. The sensor seems to have survived the fall it had when the sticky pad gave way. Later in the day I found I had developed a blister on the palm of my hand from turning the screw driver. I feel rather useless.
 
A representative of Space Saver Cabinets came out and gave me an estimate for installing cabinets in my garage. They offer options such as additional drawers and adjustable shelves. We worked out a configuration that I think will suit my needs. I found they offer a melamine surface on the cabinets that comes in what the rep. called almond. It is really an off white and is close to what I had wanted. The website and ad in the paper had only shown wood grain options. The solid off white is an extra cost option but is what I want. I told the rep. I want to view an installation that they have done. He told me there is one near Frisco Lakes and said he would call the people and see if they are willing to let me see their cabinets. If he keeps his word and I like what I see, I think I will give him the business. I know I should get three bids, but I am at the point I do not want to bother with it.
 
I have heard no more noises coming from the attic. I am afraid Meagan and the other Pulte people will think I was imagining things. They will be here on Tuesday.
 
Another package from LL Bean was delivered by FedEx Home Delivery yesterday. The driver had to call me and ask for directions. He said his office had given him directions that sent him way north of Frisco Lakes. I thought FedEx finally knew how to find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.