My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Two Steps Forward - One Step Back

Yesterday morning I called the plumbing company to find out what time the plumber was scheduled. They told me it would be around eleven. That gave me time to go to the brokerage company in Plano. I found their office without too much difficulty and gave them a check. The representative was able to put the money in the fund I wanted without delay. That was a relief to get that money back to work. I was back home in a little over an hour.
 
The plumber showed up right at eleven. Before he started work on the toilet tank I told him about all the noises I had heard the previous day. He went up in the attic and looked around. I went up there, too. He spotted a cracked piece of lumber. It is actually two pieces nailed together that runs diagonally from the center of the attic floor to the roof. The dryer vent pipe and the laundry room vent fan pipe are strapped to it. There is also a run of electrical wiring stapled to it. The upper piece of lumber is cracked more than half way through. If it cracks completely the vent pipes will fall down. The plumber said this should be fixed asap. Meagan was off yesterday. I drove up to the sales office to see if there was anyone who could help me. All the customer service managers were off yesterday. I had emergency contact numbers for HAC, plumbing and electrical. One woman said I needed a framer. The wind was calm yesterday so the lumber was not being stressed. The wind is supposed to return today so I hope someone comes here to correct the problem. It is rather scary.
 
The plumber installed the correct toilet tank. The toilet tank was causing me to be upset last week, but now it seems rather trivial compared to the problem in the attic. My neighbor told me they are also having the noises coming from the attic on windy days. There have been several very windy days since I moved in, but I had not heard the type of noise I heard on Christmas before.
 
Yesterday afternoon I went to Sams and Wal-Mart to stock up on groceries. I had planned to do that later in the week, but since I now have to be home for more repairs I should get out while I had the opportunity. Traffic around Stonebriar Mall was very heavy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.