My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The List Got Longer

I thought I was near the end of the new house bug list, but unfortunately I had to add something new yesterday. Around 11 AM I was in the kitchen and heard a noise coming from the laundry room. I went in there and it sounded as though something was going on with the washing machine which was not running. The noise stopped and then for the rest of the afternoon I heard a banging every time there was a wind gust coming from either the wall or ceiling of the laundry room. My current theory is that either the room vent duct or the dryer vent pipe has broken loose and is flopping around in the attic. The ladder to the attic is too heavy for me to operate so I did not even try to go to the attic to see if I can see the problem. Fortunately the wind died down after dark and the banging stopped. My nerves became very raw from hearing the banging. I did not want to bother anyone on Christmas with my problem. I sent Meagan an email. I got back an automated response from her email system. She is off until Wednesday. Fortunately I did my laundry over the weekend and can get by a few days without using the machines until the source of the problem is determined.
 
The plumber is supposed to be here this morning with the correct toilet tank. After that job is complete I have to drive to Plano to the brokerage company. I realized it is time to pay the alarm monitoring company, but I have not received a statement from them. I have to call them and also call the title company in Beaumont and make sure they send me final copies of the closing papers. Some day all of this will be finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.