My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

It Happened

I waited all yesterday morning for word from Beaumont concerning the closing. I got no calls. At a quarter til one I called my realtor and before she could say anything I told her I was assuming that closing had been delayed again. She told me I was wrong. Closing took place at 1 PM. Today I am supposed to receive the papers. I have to get them notarized and then send them back to Beaumont. I have carefully studied the FedEx locations and decided it is best to go to the Kinkos/FedEx store at Stonebriar Mall. Tomorrow the money will be wired to my bank.
 
I had mixed results with yesterday's repairs. The man from the garage door company secured the weather stripping on the bottom of the garage door. He also installed a keypad on the outside of the door. Now I can go in and out of the door without having the remote control with me. This is nice when I am working in the yard or want to go through the door when I go for  a walk. He told me the key operated openers are no longer used. The keypad uses a 9 volt battery and does not require any wiring.
 
The plumber came to install the new tank on the toilet. Half way through the installation I went into the bathroom and noted they were installing the wrong tank. The plumber apologized for the mistake, wrote down the model numbers from the old tank and said he would be back on Friday. I hope he keeps his word.
 
UPS delivered the wireless weather station I had ordered from Amazon.com. I was too tired to set it up yesterday. I will do that this morning while I wait for FedEx to bring me the closing papers.
 
I was hoping to have everything concerning the houses completed by Christmas. I am not going to accomplish my goal, but I am getting very close. Right after the New Year I am going to start getting bids on having cabinets installed in my garage. I have decided it is best to get the cabinets installed before I unpack my four remaining boxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.