My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday

My neighbor has been cautioning me to keep a close eye on my tires. They have had two nails so far. Beaumont still had a problem with nails a year after the hurricane because of all the construction. Frisco Lakes will have the nail problem for several years as the houses are completed. This morning I was in the garage and thought my right front tire looked low. I carefully drove to the Discount Tire store in The Colony. It turned out I did not have a nail in my right front tire. It was just a rock, but I asked them to check all my tires. I did have a nail in my right rear tire. They fixed it. I had a very short wait. On Monday mornings the line winds through the parking lot at opening time at the Discount Tire store in Beaumont. I was very relieved that The Colony store is not as busy. I bought the tires that are on my car three days before the hurricane. So far I have had four nails removed from them. Never before has one set of tires on any of my cars picked up so many nails.
 
The painter came to my door a little while ago and said he was here to fix the things outside that needed to be painted. He painted the cap on the drain clean out pipe the required brick red. He caulked the seam in the patio cover ceiling and caulked around the plate where a future ceiling fan can be installed. He did not have a tall enough ladder to reach the fireplace vent pipe on the roof but said he would return before the day is over to paint it. He did very nice work.
 
On Wednesday the plumbing company is going to replace the cracked tank on the hall bathroom toilet. The garage door people are also supposed to be here. I am happy with most of the repairs that have been made on the house. I just wish that the number of repairs had been fewer.
 
I had not heard from my realtor in Beaumont. I sent her an email today and asked if there are any new developments. She replied that we should close this week. My fingers are still crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.