My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday was my birthday. As planned, four of my neighbors and I went
to Fort Worth to see the "From Queen to Pharaoh - Hatshepsut"
exhibition at the Kimbell Art Museum. According to the driving
directions from AAA the museum was 44 miles from Frisco. We were under
the impression that the museum opened at 10 AM. That is correct for
most days, but on Friday the opening is not open until 12 noon. The
Kimbell is located in an area with a number of museums so we walked
over to the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and saw an exhibit of
black and white photographs by a Japanese photographer, Hiroshi
Sugimoto. The photos were interesting; but frankly if my camera
produced some of his pictures, I would send the camera back to the
factory for a complete overhaul.

We went back to the Kimbell and saw the exhibit. A number of museums
from across the country contributed to the exhibition. My neighbors
recently went on a cruise with stops in Egypt. They said there were
more artifacts in the exhibit in Fort Worth than they saw in Egypt.
The exhibit will be at the Kimbell until December 31, and then it will
move to other cities.

We then had lunch at a restaurant operated by my neighbor's son. He
treated his parents and their friends to lunch. We arrived back home a
little after 3. The temperature had climbed into the 40's by then.

As soon as I was back home, I called my realtor to find out the latest
on the closing for the Beaumont house. There was no change in the
status. She said they were still waiting on the paperwork from the
lender. She implied that some paper shufflers are not doing their job.
I want to get the money deposited and put it to work. The buyer is
very upset. He wants to move in. He is already paying the utilities
since we had them transferred to him last week.

Then the mail carrier added to my discontent. When I went to my
mailbox, I found the mail for three others houses mixed in with my
mail. I am not talking about a letter or two. I did not count, but I
am guessing there were at least ten pieces of mail that were not for
me. I even received mail for a couple not on my street. I then
delivered the mail to the three houses. I think I should bill the U.S.
Postal Service for my labor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.