My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Another Day - No Closing

The Beaumont house is taking center stage in my thoughts. Yesterday
morning I called Stewart Title Co. in Beaumont and talked to the lady
who has been working on the closing and asked her for the status of
the closing. She told me the mortgage company was waiting on the buyer
to provide an additional paper. Late yesterday afternoon my realtor
called and said the mortgage company was refusing to fund the loan
until my buyer supplies a certain paper. She said the problem is part
of his personal papers were destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. The buyer
is from New Orleans. The buyer is an attorney who works for a land
company. He has been living in a hotel in Beaumont since January. My
realtor said there are government programs to help people who are in
his situation. She has put him in contact with a bank in Beaumont to
try and get his loan from that bank. My realtor thinks the sale will
still go through, but it is going to take longer. Needless to say the
worry centers in my brain are becoming quite active.

I did a little house cleaning yesterday. The circuit breaker in the
master bedroom did not trip when I plugged my upright vacuum cleaner
in the same outlet I had used the day before when I used the canister
vacuum. I have not checked to see if the canister vacuum has a larger
motor and draws more current than the upright vacuum.

I ran the fireplace for about fifteen minutes while I was preparing my
lunch yesterday. There were no problems. I am building my courage to
try it for longer periods that might trip the limit switch. Meagan is
coming to my house on Tuesday morning for the 90-day walk through. I
want to give the fireplace a good test before the walk through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.