My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bad News

This morning when I got up I turned the fireplace wall switch on. The
flames did not ignite. I had not touched it since yesterday morning
when I had turned it on for approximately ten minutes. A man came and
replaced the drywall that had been torn out the previous day, and
Meagan arranged for the tile setter to come out on Monday. Either the
wall switch has gone bad, which I doubt; or the limit switch has
tripped again which indicates a venting problem. The pilot light is
lit. I thought I smelled gas but have changed my mind about that. I
was so upset I was shaking. It was 5 AM. I left a voice mail message
on Meagan's phone. I hope she can get someone out today. I am uneasy
about having the gas flowing over the holiday. If worse comes to worse
I will call the gas company and ask them to shut the gas to the
fireplace off.

My Sony Clie PDA battery is getting worse. I did a little more reading
of forums and reviews regarding the Dell PDA with the Windows Mobile
operating system. I read about how to convert Palm files to Windows. I
found that Dell has plans to drop out of the PDA market. Also the
process for converting Palm data to Windows sounded more complicated
than my tired brain is ready to tackle. A year ago I had decided I
wanted a Palm TX. Palm has not updated their models in the past year.
The PDA market is declining because people are switching to smart
phones. Palm is concentrating on their Treo line of cellphones with
PDA functions. I do not want to pay the high price the cell phone
carriers are charging for the data plans. I decided to go ahead and
buy the Palm TX. It is cheaper than the Dell PDA. I ordered the Palm
TX from Buydig.com. I have seen good comments about them for over two
years. Yesterday afternoon I got an email from them that they had
shipped and sent me a FedEx tracking number. It is scheduled for
Saturday delivery. I am going to call FedEx and ask them to attach my
directions to the tracking number so the package will not spend days
touring the streets of the Dallas area. The Palm TX should last for a
couple of years.

I went to the Frisco Lakes developers meeting yesterday afternoon.
Very few people attended the meeting. Homeowners were notified of the
meeting via the website and email. Either the meeting was too close to
the holiday or people are not checking the website and email. Anyway I
got very little new information. I was able to drive back home before
dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.