My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow and Ice

That is what is predicted for Dallas today. The temperature is 33 this
morning with a high predicted to be 36 degrees. If the temperature
remains above freezing, the snow won't last long. However, the
temperature is supposed to be 24 by tomorrow morning. When I checked
Weather.com and looked at the Doppler radar, I saw something that I
never saw down in Beaumont. There is a big pink and white area moving
toward Dallas that represents ice and snow.

I turned the fireplace on for less than ten minutes this morning while
I was brewing my cup of coffee. It worked fine. I am afraid to leave
it on long enough to really test the venting system. I dread the
thought of talking to the fireplace company people again. They are not
my favorites.

I got an automated call from Sears delivery service yesterday evening.
The new washing machine will be delivered between 1:45 and 3:45 this
afternoon. I consider myself very fortunate to be getting the new
machine. I read the posting from a woman in St. Louis who has the same
washer. She had hers less than three weeks and started having
problems. The service tech replaced the computer with a used one from
his truck. She then got the F51 error and had the same problems than I
do. Sears has outsourced their service to a company called A&E in some
parts of the company. That is who she is dealing with. I think the
service tech. that came to my house works directly for Sears. I hope
it stays that way.

I did not hear from my realtor or the title company yesterday so I am
assuming that the closing on the Beaumont house will take place today.
I called the Beaumont utilities and asked them to take them out of my
name today. The buyer had already contacted the gas and electric
companies. He had not called the City of Beaumont Water Department.
The fire policy will be cancelled tomorrow. The Texas Windstorm
representative said I would have to sign a form and send it to them
before they could cancel the windstorm policy. They faxed me the form.
I signed the form and got a neighbor to witness it. I will fax it back
to them as soon as I hear the closing has taken place.

The memory card from Best Buy for my new Palm PDA arrived in Dallas
and is scheduled to be delivered to me today. It will be tomorrow
before I can finish installing the rest of the software on the card.

I went to the grocery store and stocked up yesterday morning so I do
not have to go out in the bad weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be
sunny and warm up to 49. That will allow me to go out and get the
closing papers notarized and overnight them back to Beaumont. The
title company said they will wire the money to my bank. That is what I
am really anticipating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.