My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Another Problem

Now it is my new Kenmore Elite Oasis washing machine. I washed a load
of towels and the wash cycle seemed to be taking forever, and the
machine was making unusual noises. Finally the machine went into the
rinse cycle and finished. I then washed a very small load on the
delicate/hand wash cycle. The machine continued to make strange noises.
The machine was on the rinse cycle and stopped completely. The display
showed F51. I looked at the manual and followed the procedure. The
machine was full of water to the top. Normally the machine adds just
enough water to cover the clothes. When the machine finally stopped,
it did drain the water and the lid unlocked. My clothes were dripping
water.

I called Sears repair service. I was relieved that I was transferred
to a human being without too long a journey through the menu. She said
that F51 meant a communication failure between the motor and the
controller. She scheduled a service call for Tuesday morning. I did a
Google search on Oasis and F51. There was a message in the Laundry
Room forum from someone with the same error. There was also a reply
from someone who most likely was a Sears service tech. He said that a
part probably was not fully snapped into place during assembly. He
said it was a simple fix.

On Saturday morning a neighbor came over for a visit. I turned the
fireplace on for a few minutes while I had a witness. The fireplace
worked, but I did not leave it on long enough for the limit switch to
heat. Yesterday my next door neighbors came over. I again turned the
fireplace on for a few minutes. The air conditioning was also on, and
it did not seem appropriate to have the fireplace on. A cold wave is
supposed to arrive mid week. My neighbors said they would come back
and stay while I tried to run the fireplace for 45 minutes. Since the
fireplace tech. implied the problem was in my head I am going to have
witnesses if it fails again. The tile setter is supposed to be here
this morning to replace the tiles that were removed last week.

I checked the UPS tracking information and my new toaster that I
ordered from Amazon.com is at the DFW airport. It is supposed to be
delivered today. The new Palm TX is doing fine. I will be glad when
the memory card arrives so I can go ahead and finish installing the
rest of the applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.