My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hurry Up and Wait

Time got away from me this morning. Sears sent an automated call last
night saying their repairman would be here between 8 AM and 12 noon
today. All of a sudden I realized it was 7:30 this morning, and I had
not had my bath. I rushed and got ready. Now I am waiting.

The tile setter just left. He came back and removed the wood frame he
used to hold the tile in place while it dried. This man is from
Russia. He did very nice work. I cannot tell that the tile was removed
and replaced. I wish all of the repairmen who have been here were as
competent as he is.

My new Krups toaster was delivered by UPS yesterday afternoon. It has
lots of buttons and a LCD display. It is not as difficult to
understand as I thought it would be. It is rather nice that it has a
way to defrost frozen bread and then toast in one step. The first time
I toasted a slice of bread, it let off a terrible odor that permeated
through the house. I tried again this morning and there was no odor at
all.

UPS finally updated the tracking information on the SD memory card for
my new Palm and are projecting Thursday as the delivery date. The new
Palm Desktop software has some strange quirks. I do not know if they
are bugs or if it just works differently from the version I had been
using. The Bluetooth connection between the cell phone and the Palm is
working great. I have had to make several calls to Beaumont and being
able to dial from the Palm has been a big help. I got rid of the AT&T
unlimited long distance service and am now using my cell phone for
long distance.

Yesterday I talked to the title company in Beaumont. They told me they
would email the closing documents to me. I would have to print them
and then get them notarized and overnight them back to Beaumont. I
started thinking that many of the pages would be legal size documents.
I do not have legal size paper on hand. In order to print legal size
documents I have to use a manual tray on my printer. The more I
thought the less I wanted to struggle with the printing. I called the
title company and asked them to overnight the documents to me. It may
delay my getting my money by one day, but I just don't want a hassle.

Since I have been trapped in the house while waiting for repairman I
have been doing more online shopping. L.L. Bean added some new sale
items. I ordered a stripped oxford cloth shirt and a knit long sleeve
polo. I lost weight two years ago. I bought a few new clothes last
year. I bought slightly larger sizes than I needed because I did not
believe I could keep the weight off. Well, I have managed to avoid
adding the pounds back so now I am buying the proper size. I get free
shipping and free monogramming with the L.L. Bean Visa card and also
get 3 percent of the purchase price back as coupons to use on future
purchases. All I need anymore are casual clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.