My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I Am Still Here

I am still very uneasy about the fireplace. The pilot light is lit.
This morning I turned on the flames when I first got up and was in the
kitchen. It worked normally. There is a carbon monoxide detector
installed in the ceiling near the fireplace. It has not alarmed. I
have a plug-in CO detector that I brought from Beaumont. I had it
plugged in the hall bathroom near the front of the house. This morning
I decided to move it to my bedroom. I plugged it in an outlet that is
close to the bedroom door and near the fireplace. This detector stores
its highest reading. It showed 8 ppm. I had never seen anything but 0
in the past. It makes me wonder if it were a real reading or if the
detector was damaged during the move.

I hope all the repairs can be completed to the sheetrock and tile
today so I can move on. There is a Frisco Lakes developer's meeting
for just homeowners today. They are holding it at a local school. I
think it will be dark by the time the meeting ends. I am not looking
forward to driving around unfamiliar streets after dark. My closest
neighbors are out of town and depending on me to tell them the details
of the meeting.

My new toaster is coming from Harrisburg, PA. The estimated delivery
date is next Monday. The Thanksgiving holiday must be slowing UPS
deliveries. I am going to have to do more online shopping. My Sony PDA
which uses the Palm operating system has developed a battery problem.
The battery will not hold a charge. I have been using Palm-based PDA's
for seven years. It is an extension of my brain, and I cannot get
along without one. I started looking at new models yesterday and have
decided it is time to make the switch to the Windows Mobile operating
system. I did not want to buy any computer devices until Window Vista
ships, but I have no choice. I decided that the Dell Axim 51V meets my
requirements. It has a good display and also has a removable battery.
The Sony PDA battery cannot be replaced by the user. Sony dropped out
of the PDA market in 2004 a month or two after I made my purchase.

I checked a website that has advance information on the Black Friday
sales. They have the ads for Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA and the
office supply stores such as OfficeMax. I did not see any PDA's
listed. I am going to wait until Friday. I hope Dell has some
promotional offers then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.