My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Today, Tomorrow, Etc.

What I hope is going to be the last round with the fireplace company
will take place today. If all goes well, I will be able to put this
bad experience with the fireplace behind me. I am keeping the
thermostat set at 72 degrees. When I first get up in the morning, the
house feels slightly chilly. It is all right when I start to move
around, but I think it will be nice to able to turn on the fireplace
for a short time in the early morning.

Amazon.com sent me a tracking number for the new toaster yesterday
evening. They are using UPS this time. The UPS tracking site shows
that they have received information to pick up the package. Neither
the package origin nor the estimated delivery date are shown yet. If
the toaster is coming from the same stock point as my can opener did,
I may get the toaster tomorrow.

Before I moved I put a formula in my spreadsheet to calculate the
number of days until I moved into the new house. I forgot about the
formula and noticed this morning that it said -73. It is still
counting, but now shows a negative number. It was ten weeks on
Saturday since I moved. It would be awful to have to repeat the past
ten weeks.

I hard boiled more eggs yesterday afternoon. I accomplished the task
with much less trepidation than I had the first time I used the gas
cooktop. The water came to a boil in a considerably shorter time than
it would have on the old electric range. I don't buy eggs very often
because of all the negative information about their high cholesterol
that has been in the news over the past decade. However, I do like
hard boiled eggs as a snack once in a while.

Tomorrow I will get the final estimate on the repairs that the
inspection report on the Beaumont house requires. Then my realtor will
negotiate with the buyer. I am hoping to get through the process
without too much difficulty. This is the last major obstacle that I am
still facing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.