My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Oh Good Grief!!!

There are three of them here right now from the fireplace company. Now
they are telling me the vent pipe is broken or disconnected where it
makes a 90 degree turn right in the fireplace in my living room. They
are going to have to remove tile to get at the pipe. I am so upset.

The one man man was supposed to be here before twelve this morning. I
waited until twelve and then started calling. He had other
emergencies. I thought the vent pipe was fixed, and he was going to
replace the control valve and put the logs in the fireplace. When he
came in, I told him I wanted to stay here with the fireplace burning
for twenty minutes before he left to make sure the limit switch was
not going to trip. He said he could not do that. I told him if that
limit switch tripped and the pilot light was on he would be able to
hear me screaming wherever his next job is.

Then the semi-English speaking superintendent who was here on Friday
afternoon came to the door. He is the one who looked up in the
fireplace and could tell there was a problem with the pipe. They are
in there destroying the tile now. A third non-English speaker also
arrived and joined the melee.

They called Meagan, and she is supposed to be scheduling the repair of
the tile. I cannot bear to watch the destruction. Well, the tile is
out. It came out smoothly. There is definitely a disconnect in the
vent right above the fire. It is not in the elbow. The fireplace was
set in place before the drywall was installed. I think the
disconnected pipe is the result of insufficient supervision on the
job.

The semi-English speaking superintendent is the sharpest one of the
bunch and is doing most of the work. Some day I will look back on this
and laugh, but right now I feel like I would like to throw up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.