My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Better Day

Yesterday I spent most of the day scanning paper that I have received
in the past month. There are insurance policies and all the startup
paperwork from Dish Network, the alarm monitoring company, the lawn
service, the exterminator, etc. I scanned two-thirds of the stuff. I
intend to work on it again today and file the most important things in
the filing cabinet. It has been a couple of years since I fell behind
in the scanning. When I keep up with the paper as it comes in, it is
not a difficult task; but if I let the paper accumulate for a month,
it is a bad job.

Yesterday morning I went for a walk over by the wall that parallels FM
423. I was in a Phase 2 classic neighborhood. If I had not held out
for a Phase 1 lot that is where my house would have been located.
After I heard the traffic noise from FM 423 I decided I am very, very
happy with my lot. Being close to Frisco Lakes Dr. has many more
advantages.

Meagan brought my new kitchen drawer and filter for the fresh air duct
to me yesterday afternoon. She commented that she could tell I have
made a lot of progress. That made me feel better to hear that. There
is still a great deal to do but the place is shaping up.

The tax appraisers sent me a form to fill out yesterday. It didn't
take long for them to find me. Now I have something else that needs to
be mailed. I have to go to Sams and Wal-Mart so I will drive by the
post office on the way there. I am trying to combine things so I do
not waste gasoline. I am consuming much more gasoline than I did in
Beaumont.

I found a new weekly podcast put out by Leo LaPorte and co-hosted by a
Windows expert. It is called Windows Weekly and is discussing the new
Windows Vista. It is going to be a good way to get up to speed on the
new product. I am going to try and wait until six months after the
release of Windows Vista to buy a new computer. I just hope my old one
hangs in there that long. Right now the only thing wrong with my
computer is the letters are wearing off the keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.