My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Little by Little

Yesterday morning I went for a much shorter walk. I walked around the
garden series homes that are across Frisco Lakes Dr. from my house. I
stopped and talked to one lady who had moved in the previous day. She
said her movers showed up at 8 PM and finished loading a 1 AM. She
said she was so tired when that was over. I never heard of such
craziness. I will never move again.

I was back home by 8:30 to watched the lawn sprinklers cycle through
the program. I now know which section of the yard each of the six
stations covers. There is supposed to be no watering between 5 AM and
8 AM. I had the program start at 4:30 AM. The last station ran a
little after 5 AM. I adjusted the start times of the four watering
periods so that the cycles complete in legal watering times. My
neighbors' sprinklers also ran a little past 5 AM. They are away on
their lengthy trip and there is no way to alter their program. The
east side of my yard has a low spot where water can collect. I reduced
the watering time for station three to two minutes. My neighbors
system is giving that side a long watering. I increased the two
stations that cover the front yard to eight minutes so the trees get
more water. I have figured out why there is the ability to have three
separate programs. It must be so that you can have programs for
different seasons. I will have to check the manual to find out how to
switch between programs.

I unpacked the glass inserts for the shelves in my china cabinet and
then cleaned them with Windex. I was very careful and managed to put
them in the shelves without incident. I also cleaned the glass in the
doors of the china cabinet. Who knows when I will get motivated to
unpack the china and crystal. I want to wash everything by hand before
I put it away.

I definitely am no longer pushing myself to get things straightened
out. I am just trying to accomplish something each day.

I didn't receive any mail yesterday. I have not received an L.L. Bean
catalog since I moved. I think their computer doesn't like my new
address. I sent them an email. Tomorrow I am going to place an order
with them. Then I will find out if FedEx will be able to find my
house.

The Frisco trash collectors showed up after 5 PM. I watched the
truck's robotic arm grab my container and dump it. When I went out and
looked inside, the old AC filter that I had thrown out was still in
the container. I put it in the construction trash bin. I am going to
miss that bin when it is finally removed. One woman, who moved in
before I did and is in an area where the construction bin has been
removed, told me she is putting the trash in the trunk of her car and
driving to the nearest construction bin. I noticed the City of Frisco
trash truck came back for a second pass. I think the second trip was
for the recycle containers. Maybe that is why my recycle container was
not emptied when I put it out. I may have taken it back inside before
they made their second trip. Little by little I am learning how this
place functions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.