My Thoughts

A summary of my daily thoughts.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Acute Shortage

Yesterday morning I thought I would make a quick trip out to mail a
letter. I had found the location of the two closest mailboxes on the
mailbox locator website and checked the locations on Mapquest. The
first was supposed to be on Legacy near Falcon Court. I went north on
Legacy from Lebanon and did not see a side street named Falcon Court.
I continued north on Legacy to Main St. The next closest mailbox was
supposed to be on Dogwood. It was the first left turn after North
County. I found the cross street where the mailbox was supposed to be
located. All I saw was a residence with their own private mailbox. A
little farther north on Dogwood I spotted something that was blue and
looked like it might be a mailbox. When I got closer, I saw that it
was just one of the blue recycle containers that the City of Frisco
uses. It was trash day in that neighborhood. After that, I went to the
Frisco Post Office and mailed my letter. From now on when I have
something that needs to be mailed I am going to the post office even
though it is a considerable distance from my house. I am tired of
seeking non-existent mailboxes.

By then it was 9:30. That it is when the IKEA store serves their 99
cent breakfast and have free coffee until the store opens at 10. I had
the breakfast even though I had oatmeal and orange juice at six. I
decided I would skip lunch.

When I finished breakfast, it was very close to 10 AM. The stores in
the Stonebriar mall open at 10. I have broken several of my everyday
glasses. I knew Foley's in Beaumont carried them. The Foley's in
Stonebriar has recently become a Macys. I went there and found that
they had one box of the glasses and they were on sale. When I went to
the cashier, she rang up the sale at the regular price. I told her
there was a sale sign by the glasses. She said the sale starts
tomorrow but asked me what the sign said. I told her, and she gave me
the lower price.

The morning was gone by the time I got back home. What I thought was
going to be a quick dash to a mailbox turned out to be something quite
different. I opened some more boxes when I got home. Many small items
that definitely could not be classified as books came out of the boxes
labeled "books" that I opened. I have never seen such a bad packing
job.

I have not hung any pictures yet. They are all out of the boxes and
propped against the walls. I am going to take my time to decide just
where I want to hang them. Some are obvious but several are going to
be in very different locations than the way they were in Beaumont.

Wednesday is trash day. When I took the trash container out to the
curb, the last lawn sprinkler station was operating. The next watering
period is supposed to be at 8:30 this morning. I am going to go out
and watch them to make sure they are watering as they should. There
will be one more watering cycle after 6 PM this evening. Frisco had a
few good rains after I arrived, but it has turned very dry again. The
weather report is not encouraging. I wish I could find my hoses and
nozzles. I would go out and water my trees in the evening if I could
locate them. I have a brand new nozzle that I have never used in one
of the boxes.

The driveway is being put in for one of the last houses to be
completed on the cul-de-sac. They were digging and getting ready for
the pour when I went out yesterday. I was trapped for a while. There
were lots of cement trucks around yesterday. More slabs are being
poured. When the construction workers go home at night, the area is so
quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[print version]
Visit www.dailysudoku.com for more puzzles, solutions, hints, books and other resources.